LES CHIFFRES Index du Forum
LES CHIFFRES
TEAM COUNTER-STRIKE: SOURCE FR

LES CHIFFRES Index du ForumFAQRechercherS’enregistrerConnexion

:: My Mothers Kitchen Breakfast Lunch Dinner And The Meaning ::

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    LES CHIFFRES Index du Forum -> Recrutement -> Demande de Recrutement
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
elmyrgarry

Masculin
Vos Points: 268
Moyenne de points: 2,11

MessagePosté le: Lun 3 Juil - 08:44 (2017)    Sujet du message: My Mothers Kitchen Breakfast Lunch Dinner And The Meaning Répondre en citant

My Mother's Kitchen: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, and the Meaning of Life
by Peter Gethers

->>->>->>DOWNLOAD BOOK My Mother's Kitchen: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, and the Meaning of Life

My Mother's Kitchen is a funny, moving memoir about a son’s discovery that his mother has a genius for understanding the intimate connections between cooking, people and love

Peter Gethers wants to give his aging mother a very personal and perhaps final gift: a spectacular feast featuring all her favorite dishes. The problem is, although he was raised to love food and wine he doesn’t really know how to cook. So he embarks upon an often hilarious and always touching culinary journey that will ultimately allow him to bring his mother’s friends and loved ones to the table one last time.

The daughter of a restaurateur―the restaurant was New York’s legendary Ratner’s―Judy Gethers discovered a passion for cooking in her 50s. In time, she became a mentor and friend to several of the most famous chefs in America, including Wolfgang Puck, Nancy Silverton and Jonathan Waxman; she also wrote many cookbooks and taught cooking alongside Julia Child. In her 80s, she was robbed of her ability to cook by a debilitating stroke. But illness has brought her closer than ever to her son: Peter regularly visits her so they can share meals, and he can ask questions about her colorful past, while learning her kitchen secrets. Gradually his ambition becomes manifest: he decides to learn how to cook his mother the meal of her dreams and thereby tell the story of her life to all those who have loved her.

With his trademark wit and knowing eye, Peter Gethers has written an unforgettable memoir about how food and family can do much more than feed us―they can nourish our souls.

My Mother's Kitchen: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, and the Meaning of Life download torrent isoHunt My Mother's Kitchen: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, and the Meaning of Life download audio apple online thepiratebay

Shop Now Home & Gifts Home & Gifts Popular Categories Art Supplies Bags & Totes Decorative Accents Electronics Journals Reading Aids See All > Gift Finder Gifts for Everyone For Her For Him For Students For Readers For Writers Price Under $10 $10 - $25 $25 - $50 $50 and Up Special Collections Harry Potter Winnie the Pooh Fantastic Beasts Moana Finding Dory Star Wars Favorite Brands Moleskine Vera Bradley Knock Knock Kate Spade New York Ban.do Collection Seasonal Favorites Summer Tote:$12.95 with Purchase Peter Rabbit Tropical Dreams Paradise Collection New Lokai Wear Your World Bracelet A portion of the proceeds will go toward helping refugeesX This isn't a bragfest, though- there is balance and she remains human, not a superheroHe is also the cocreator and coproducer of the hit off-Broadway play Old Jews Telling JokesBut it still isn't all that closeInstead Gethers posits with unflinching and refreshing realism - that food and humor are the only antidotes to aging and illnessSo he embarks upon an often hilarious and always touching culinary journey that will ultimately allow him to bring his mother's friends and loved ones to the table one last timeJudy Gethers committed fully to cooking at age 53, honing her skills at the esteemed Los Angeles restaurant Ma Maison, where Puck reignedPlease enter recipient e-mail address(es)What a beautiful and touching memoir of the author's relationship with his mother and her lifeIn this case, one must pay careful attention to the fact that this book is called "MY mother's kitchen," because the MY takes center stage throughout this bookGethers does not generally cook very often, and his mother loves complicated dishesThe author is quite funny, & the depiction of his life growing up with his family (extended included) was interesting beyond measureShe was funny, stern, serious, organized, loving and, most of all, a passionate cookHere is a memoir — and a menu — that perfectly pays tribute to a patron saint of American gastronomyBy continuing to use the site, you are agreeing to OCLCs placement of cookies on your deviceScrumptious." Adriana Trigiani, author of The Shoemaker’s Wife and All the Stars in HeavenReview"What a heartening love letter! A love letter to moms, a love letter to recipes, to menus, to dishes; a love letter to restaurants and other families; a love letter to the comfort and optimism that making food brings with it." Yotam OttolenghiReview"Proust had his madeleine; Judy Gethers had her matzo breiNo part of this excerpt may be reproduced or reprinted without permission in writing from the publisher.Excerpts are provided by Dial-A-Book Inc.The same quiet confidence and discernment, the comfort that comes with knowledge, the calm that comes with understanding something from the inside.Many months after my mother had her stroke, her doctor, a brilliant gerontologist, Mark Lachs, said something that astonished me and yet wasn't really a surprise 48a4f088c3

Simply Too Adorable Lionhead Domestic Rabbit Journal: 150 Page Lined Notebook/Diary CS CreationsThe Last FoxLate Addresses of Abraham Lincoln, 1861-1865: Second Inaugural Star Legend, V. H. Biddison Research; Excerpts From Newspapers and Other Sources (Classic Reprint)King Richard III (Annotated)Jumbled Pieces: Autism (Volume 1)Die Letzten (German Edition)Letters from My Cats: Inspirational reflections from my catsCosmogenesis: The Chronicles of Quongo: The Shadow Falls (Book Book 5)Rage Compilation #1 FR: Compilation de Rage 1 et 2 (Compilation Rage) (Volume 1)Jour ‡ la plage Coloriage (French Edition)

Publicité

MessagePosté le: Lun 3 Juil - 08:44 (2017)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    LES CHIFFRES Index du Forum -> Recrutement -> Demande de Recrutement Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | créer un forum gratuit | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Texno x0.3 © theme by Larme D'Ange 2006